Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Pluggin' Away

My figures lesson with Lynne for this week.  I have been ill so I postponed until today.  Still a bit sniffly, but as I've often found, even when I feel like crap I can often skate reasonably well..

Today's lesson:
  • FO edges -- these are actually improving.  Still need to work on posture and finding a good edge immediately.
  • F8s -- FO8s were not bad.  I managed to make my circle size a bit more reasonable than it has sometimes been :-), which made it a lot more reasonable to get all the way around.  FI8s not bad either.
  • BO edges -- LBO is still an issue.  We worked on them for quite a while.  I actually managed once (ONCE, lol) to actually get all the way over my skate the way I do on the RBO.  Wow, it was great.  Then I went up on my toe and fell, lol.  Still, I know what it feels like.
  • FO3s -- These are doing okay.  I am a lot more confident on them than I used to be.  Still need more work but not too bad.
After my lesson I just stayed for a few minutes, and worked on waltz-8 a bit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home