Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday 30-30

I skated coffee club at Chandler.  I had intended to not skate this session anymore as it conflicts with the Pilates class at my gym, but I didn't make it to skate this a.m. so there I was.

Patch went okay, as usual my LFO is pretty awful for a while.  Worked quite a while on FO8/FI8 just to get back to where I was last week.  Grr.  Worked on BO edges... these are just HUUUGE.  Geez.  And a few minutes on FO3s (not bad, actually) and step forward (bleah).

Freestyle... did a couple of salchows that were NOT BAD!  Timing was actually pretty good, it's a weird feeling.  There's not much "jump" there yet though.  Toe loop -- bleah, still badly cheated.  A couple of really nice waltz jumps.  Spins -- I did several that were pretty good!!  Didn't take any pictures this time, but several where I actually found and held onto the sweet spot (briefly).  I was pretty pleased!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home