Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Moves & Spins

Freestyle lesson w/JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I went to my first Pilates class in a lonnnnng time on Monday and I was (and am) pretty sore, so not my best skate.

Today's lesson:
  • Power pulls -- just a little more prep work on these, slaloming forward and backward around the rink.  I feel like I'm sticking my tush out too much on the backward ones but JJ says it's okay.
  • BXOs to landing position -- we hadn't looked at these in a while and I wanted a refresher on the pattern.   It's just as well, because I was thinking the BXO was supposed to go at the top of the lobe but JJ says the BXO edge should *start* at the top of the lobe, so the BXO is earlier.  Hmm.  We worked on these for a little while.  Not surprisingly considering how my BO edges are coming for patch, my LBO is not so great, I tend to be up on my toe.  We worked on this a bit, trying to stay turned into the circle more and pushing into the middle of the blade.  This helped quite a bit.
  • Spins -- I told JJ I would really like to actually be able to spin by the time my 7 year skativersary rolls around in May :-).  Considering how I was feeling it was just okay, though at the very end I did a pretty nice 2-rev spin.
After my lesson I didn't stay as I usually do, I was too sore and out of sorts :-(.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home