Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

8s, 3s & Step Forward

Figures lesson on Chandler coffee club as usual.  About 5 skaters and one coach... ice was good though a bit bumpy in places :-(.

Today's lesson:
  • F8s -- We started with the FO8s.  I had had about 10 minutes to warm up (yay!) so actually not that bad.  I'm getting a better push.  Still some issues with the LFO8 and my circles were waaaay too big.  FI8s were fairly decent.
  • FO3s -- just a few minutes on these.  They were not too bad.  We worked on trying to make the 3s less scrapy and improve the check.  My RFO3 check is much, much better than LFO3.  Not sure why that is.  Hmmm.
  • Step forward -- still working on these (BO Mohawk).  A lot of improvement, though I did fall 3 times :-).  The patch blades really force me to keep my feet close and not try to push from the (non-existent) toepick.  Some good improvement.
All in all a pretty good lesson and some good improvement.  I'm aiming to compete at the all-figures competition in Portland in August so I have a lot of work to do.  Ideally I'd like to do more than just FO8/FI8 but we'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home