Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Moves

Today's FS lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  Before my lesson JJ handed me some info on fitness, warmups, stretching etc.  He wants to work out a plan for me so that I can be working on what I need to do to be stronger and more flexible etc.  Cool stuff!

Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- in the APBM pattern.  Not too bad, JJ reminded me to keep the arms on the circle.
  • BXOs -- similar.  The CCW ones have gotten a little less scratchy, which is encouraging.  JJ worked with me on the wall to talk about arm position and really opening the chest  and keeping the leading hand/arm up.
  • BO edges -- deja vu from my figures lesson on Friday!  Actually these are not too bad, even the LBO felt better.  We did work some more on (what else?) keeping the free foot in front.
  • BI edges -- as usual, not too bad.  
And that was that.  I'm not sure where the time went today, it seemed like there was more but that's all I can remember :-(.  After my lesson I skated the next session and worked on moves (5-step and power-3s), waltz-8, jumps and spins. I did a really nice spin!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM , Blogger Admin said...

    Very nice lessons.I think it could be much better with video.Anyway thanks for it!

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Gordon said...

    thanks! I don't have a video camera and I don't have a skater mom to take video so I don't see that happening anytime soon. I do have a picture from yesterday I will try to post though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home