Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Field Trip

For my last skate of the week I took a field trip out to Gilbert to skate at coffee club there and say hi to skate buddy Melissa (Hi Melissa!).  I tried out my newly-realigned patch blades.  I'd forgotten just how hard the ice is on the North Pole rink there and it kind of threw me off for a while but I eventually warmed up a bit.  I worked a bunch on F8s, back edges and waltz-8.  At the end of the session I helped Melissa with her F8s as well.

It's kind of hard to come to a firm conclusion about the blade alignment.  It seems like the LBO is definitely better but the LFO is about the same.  I'll want to try it out on the softer ice at Chandler before I come to a conclusion though.

This is the first week I've gotten all my planned ice time.  It was kind of tiring!  I don't think I've ever gotten this much non-public session ice time in ever.  Still I think it went pretty well although I need to get a bit more sleep -- I was kind of dragging Thursday and Friday mornings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home