Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waltz-8, Still

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  There were only about 5 of us and the ice was actually pretty nice.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8 -- I did a few of these at the beginning.  They were actually quite good!  I was getting all the way around and the tracings were pretty close.  The RFI8 circle was a bit smaller than the LFI8 one though.
  • FO8 -- Ugh.  Still issues with the LFO.  RFO not too bad.
  • Waltz-8 -- the 3s are improving.  I am holding them longer and getting improved control.  Still need to improve on holding the exit edge longer.  The BO edge still needs work (esp. the darn LBO) and the step forward still a big problem.
We talked a bit about my issues with the LFO/LBO.  I'm beginning to suspect a blade alignment problem.  I don't like to sound like one of those people who blames all their skating problems on equipment -- but I also don't want to be banging my head against a problem that could be solved in 5 minutes.  Lynne looked at my skating a flat on the L foot and didn't see a really obvious problem, but we agreed that it was worth taking it in to be looked at (there's not much to lose).

After my lesson I went ahead and took my patch blades in to Dave Kimmel and he looked at them and thought the back of the blade needed to come in a little (which was my thought as well).  So he was able to fix that right then and there.  I'll skate in them on Friday and we'll see what we can find.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home