Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Perseverance

Per my practice plan I skated the Chandler coffee club today for some patch time.  It was pretty crowded actually.  My coach Lynne was there (she teaches a figures class just before coffee club) and was skating for herself a bit.  WOW.  She's such an amazing skater.  I can't describe how cool it is to see one's coach doing a really fast camel, sit, doughnut, and Y-spin.  Awesome!

My practice was okay.  I spent about half an hour on F8s, then 15 minutes or so on BO edges, and the last 15 minutes on 3s and waltz-8 pieces.  It's coming along, but no big breakthroughs.

After skating I took my freestyle blades in for sharpening -- the first time I've had them sharpened since I moved here!  I actually only had 52 hours of ice time on them, which is a little high (my nominal sharpen time would be after 50 hours) but not overly so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home