Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Perseverance

8:15 FS at Chandler this morning as usual.  Quiet session, just me and Alyssa and Amanda.  Had a pretty good skate.  Finally tried some spins -- the first one was really nice, 3 revs more-or-less centered!  The rest were not so good :-(.  It's so exasperating to me that I know exactly what I need to do, I just cannot consistently make myself do it. Gaaah.

Did a couple of salchows -- not bad.  I wish I could make myself like this jump more because it's actually coming together pretty well.  I guess maybe I will like them more when I've done a few hundred :-).  Toe loops were just eh.  Worked a fair amount on moves, especially 5-step (hey, at least I'm hitting my weak points!).  Actually made a little progress on improving the step forward a bit, on the RBO side. 

Unless something comes up in the next hour or so I will run out at lunchtime and skate in my newly-moved patch blades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home