Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fixes

Today's figures lesson with Lynne on Chandler coffee club as usual.  About 6 skaters and 2 coaches if I remember correctly.

Today's lesson:
  • FO edge -- Per my discoveries from yesterday we worked on getting a better FO edge from the beginning of the lobe.  We eventually came up with 4 things that I need to do: 1) stand up straight, 2) bend the knee more, 3) bring the free foot in promptly, and 4) don't push so hard.  The last is obviously "for now" so that I'll have more control.  Adding all these things helped a lot.  It still needs a bit of work but even on the LFO I was pretty much getting straight to a good edge and I didn't have to fight so hard to hold it.
  • BO edges -- checking the results of the new blade alignment and yup, we both agreed it's a lot better.  What a relief!
  • step forward -- of course Lynne wanted to work on these next :-).  They are improving.  The main corrections are to keep the free foot close and stand straight on the BO edge, and then to be decisive about the step forward -- just do it.  Only a couple of falls today :-).
After our lesson I spent the rest of the time working on pretty much the same stuff to reinforce it, plus some FI8s and FO3s.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home