Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Planning & Perseverance

I skated the 8:15 FS this morning at Chandler.  I was feeling a bit unmotivated, but fortunately I had made my practice plan so I was able to get myself to actually *work*.  Very helpful!  Warmed up with moves, then did 21 spins, 5 each sal, toe and waltz jump.  The rest was spent on waltz-8, edges and some misc stuff.

The amusing element for the day was hearing "Defying Gravity" on the sound system as I was working on salchow -- right as I'm entering the salchow I hear the line "It's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and LEAP" and I did (well, I didn't close my eyes) and did probably the nicest salchow I've ever done!  It made me laugh. It was a good feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home