Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spins & Sals

This week's FS lesson with JJ; postponed from Tuesday due to work travel.  The Thursday morning FS time at Gilbert is a lot busier than Tuesdays!  Well, not so much that there were a lot of skaters, but there were a lot more coaches -- I think it was 6 skaters and 5 coaches, or something like that.  Just before my lesson I was warming up with the perimeter FXOs and had a nasty fall straight onto my knees. Uck.  No harm done but it put me off a little.

Today's lesson:
  • spins -- still working these.  JJ seems concerned that I am too hard on myself.  Well, there are definitely some good things happening -- my windup is awesome (still) and I'm pretty comfortable so that is something.  Still trying to relax and not force them.  I can kinda make myself slow down when JJ's there, not as well when he's not.  Grrr.
  • salchow -- these are coming along.  JJ worked with me (on the wall and on the ice) to get more tension in the free leg after the 3.  He really wants me to point the toe and have some real tension there before the jump.  It felt really awkward.
After my lesson I stayed until 9 working on some moves (5-step mohawk, power-3s, FO8/FI8).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home