Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

F8s & Waltz-8

Figures lesson with Lynne on coffee club as usual.   The figures class beforehand ran long so they started us on the other sheet, then came back to the "North Pole" after 5-10 minutes.

Today's lesson:
  • F8s -- I described to Lynne the progress I'd made yesterday on my FO edges.  First we did some FI8s and they were pretty good, I was getting around the circle and despite some initial balance issues (I was still warming up) the circle size was good.  We moved on to FO8s and these were also much improved.  I still had some issues with my upper body position etc. but that improved with practice.  I was also doing well at tracing the previous print so that was good.
  • Waltz-8 -- we warmed up for this by working on just the step forward, then went to work on the whole move.  These have definitely improved.  I'm doing a better job of keeping the free foot close before and after the step forward and being more decisive.  My 3s are also getting a bit better and the pattern is starting to improve.  I still have a lot of work to do to get the pattern to be where it needs to be but I'm seeing some light.  Yay!
I'm really jazzed about my progress, it seems that between more practice time and the work on my boots and blades I am really making headway finally.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home