Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Perseverance Pt. II

Patch practice at Chandler coffee club as usual.  A bit busy today, 12 skaters and one coach.  There was a huuuuge school group in before and despite the quickie Zam break the ice was a bit rough.

FI8s were okay, nowhere near as nice as Wednesday :-(.  FO8s a bit rough, I spent a lot of time on them; toward the end I was getting a much better edge (esp. LFO).  A bunch of time on waltz-8, 3s are improving but step forward still rough.  I need to stand up straighter on the BO edge.

I bought an annual pass for Chandler today.  They are $395 for adults, and they are good for public sessions and adult skate.  Since I am skating 3x/week at coffee club it should pay for itself in about 22 weeks, so it's a good deal.  I was a little concerned that my work schedule might change and impact my skating time but I decided even if it dropped to 2x/week it would still be worth it so I went ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home