Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Program Prep

Today's lesson (rescheduled from Tuesday since I was out of town), on the a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual.  I was feeling kind of off today, it took a while to get my L boot tied correctly and I seem to have lost my water bottle and I didn't have any money with me for water.  Grrr.

Today's lesson:
  • Program for Cactus -- JJ and I talked about this briefly.  I'm just going to do the Pre-Bronze freeskate.  In all likelihood I'll get lumped in with the other men since there are so few of us, but that's okay.  JJ wanted to work today on some things he wants me to practice for connecting steps and transitions.
  • 3-turns -- this is just an FO3 quickly followed by a step forward and FO3 on the other foot.  I am a bit too swingy on these.
  • Mohawks -- this is an FI mohawk, BXO, step forward to the other foot and repeat on that foot.  Continue alternating.  These went somewhat better once I really understood what he wanted.
  • Lunges -- as usual L foot not bad, R foot bad.... so I have to work on the R foot one.
  • Waltz jump -- JJ wanted me to go in with more speed, so I did... eep.  I slowed these down for a reason, my takeoff and form aren't so great at speed.  Gotta work on that too....
  • Salchow --  some more work on these (I was lacking in enthusiasm).  JJ wants me to hold the free foot/arm back after the 3 (Anna told me to do this like 5 years ago!  Geez!).  It's hard.
And that was all we had time for!

Since Gilbert has changed their FS schedule (presumably for the summer) we are going to change our usual timeslot for lessons from 7:45 a.m. Tuesday to 7:15 a.m. Tuesday...*sigh*.  I'd whine more but I still have fresh in my mind that my homegirls back at SIA are up and workin' it earrrrrly every a.m. so I should just suck it up! :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home