Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Plugging Away

Figures lesson on Chandler coffee club as usual.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8s -- my LFO edge is still somewhat recalcitrant.  I have to make myself really get all the way over on the edge -- when I do it is stable, but still scary.  Grr.  RFO not so bad.  On the positive side when I get the edge from the beginning I have no problem getting around the circle.
  • Waltz-8 -- lots of time on these, and they continue to improve.  3s are good and well-placed; and I'm doing a lot better holding the exit from the 3 these days.  On the step forward, several falls today :-), I still need to keep more upright and be more decisive on the turn (and not wide-step).
Lynne said (and I agree) that I am really making good progress now.  The additional practice time I've had on patch has really helped a lot!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home