Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Program

Today's lesson on the 7 a.m. FS at Gilbert as usual. The session is a bit busier now that school is out -- 10 or 11 skaters and 4 or 5 coaches.

We spent the lesson working on the first half of the program, and running it a couple of times.  JJ reviewed the arms position with me going into the spin and I got it under control.  He also gave me some feedback on element placement.  In general I feel like I know the first part of the program reasonably well but I need to work on the waltz-salchow as the salchow is really lacking right now.

I  got registered for Cactus yesterday so it's official, I'm committed to doing this program!  I'll be in Portland this weekend, hoping to work with Sonya on Monday.  It's nice to have cooperation between/among current and former coaches!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home