Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Same Ol' Same Ol'

My figures lesson with Lynne at Chandler coffee club as usual.  We were on the "South Pole" instead of the "North Pole" that we usually skate on.  SP's ice is harder (hockey ice) but it was freshly zammed at least.

Today's lesson:
  • FI8/FO8 -- We worked on these with an emphasis on picking arbitrary starting points on the ice instead of "easy" centers.  FI8s are okay, I still have an occasional challenge on the LFI8 to not let my free hip get forward on me.  FO8s are still a work in progress and weren't very good today.  Lynne says I just need to keep working on them and they should get better.  I sure hope so!  I spend about 30 minutes or so on 'em every patch session (3x/week usually) and I do think they are getting better but it's very slow.  Grr.  On the positive side my circle size wasn't bad and I do a reasonably good job of tracing and coming back to center (esp. on the FI8s).
  • waltz-8 -- still working these and they continue to improve.  My 3s were actually not bad and I'm really good about stacking them in the same place on each side.  The 3 exit is also getting better and the step-down to the BO edge is coming along.  On the other hand I'm still tending to wide-step the step-forward and I'm still mostly stepping to an FI edge or at best a flat and it's hard to bring it around to an FO edge to come back to center.  Oh well, it's slowly improving.
No coffee club Thursday or Friday so no patch time for me :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home