Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Perseverance

I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler this morning.  With the new schedule there is a Z-break right before this session, which is nice.  The timing is a bit inconvenient but oh well..

I had a pretty good skate!  Worked on all my stuff.  Ran my program once, was setting up the waltz jump and had to abort due to a girl coming at me... too bad it was going to be good! Oh well.  I also worked just the very beginning several times so the 2-foot spin is a bit faster now.  And I spent some timing trying to work out an end move.  Hmm.

Spins were cooperating a little more than usual today, while I didn't get any really good ones I got quite a few that were 2 revs and relatively controlled, at least.  Hmmph.  And I managed to do my 5 sals although they were rather inconsistent.  There is just not time to do everything I want/need to do in an hour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home