Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

F8s

Today's figures lesson on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  They seem to be taking more time with the Z-break these days and the ice is a bit better than it had been.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- we spent 2/3 of the lesson on these, and laid them out in 3 different spots on the ice.  I am getting pretty decent at choosing arbitrary spots on the ice and skating from them, which is good :-).  FO8 was not too bad today although I am pretty inconsistent and I still need to work on controlling my upper body better.  The actual edge is getting better though.
  • FI8 -- finished up with these -- boy, these are a breeze after the FO8s!  Sooo much more comfortable although I am still fighting that free hip too often on the LFI8.  I need to just think of tucking the free foot/ankle in behind after the push and that seems to help a lot.
The figures competition in Portland is coming up!  Less than 2 months to go and I have a lot of work to do if I can hope to be competitive on the FO8 and FI8 (just doing those two figures).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home