Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Perseverance

I skated the 5:10 FS at Gilbert as usual.  I had intended to skate this morning instead... but I slept in.  Oh well.

I had a decent skate.  I'm trying to overcome my block on the salchow.  I did like 4, plus two more that didn't really jump.  Hmmph.   The ones that more-or-less work feel pretty spinny and I'm worried that I'm just doing a "spin-cow" but maybe that's what I have to do for now.  No lesson this week (JJ is on vacation) so my goal is to get the waltz-salchow combo workable.  Eeeep.

Spins... about the same.  Waltz, toe.. about the same.  Didn't get to run my program today.  Eeep.

Before the session I was talking with Sarah's mom and she said that it seems like I've made good progress since I started working with JJ.  I am so bad at taking compliments!  I don't know that I remembered to say "thank you".  Grr.  I have to work on that.  It was nice to hear though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home