Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Perseverance

I had intended to skate this morning but I got back from a trip verrrry late so I slept in.  As it happens my usual 1 p.m. meeting at work was canceled so I skated at coffee club.  It was weird to be there at coffee club with my freestyle blades... but kinda fun!

I had a pretty good skate.  Worked on waltz jump at speed... it's happening but very sloppy and not much "jump".  Grr.  Salchows.. did a couple of good ones, then several I couldn't get to happen, so I took a break from them, had a talk with myself (lol) and came back and did 2 or 3 decent ones.   I'll call that progress.

I'm realizing that Cactus is now just a month away, and I only have like 5 lessons left... eeep.  I really need to get the waltz-salchow sequence solid and that's going to take some time.  Still looking for a shirt to wear also. Grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home