Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Patch Blades!


Today was my figures lesson with Kelli on the 6 p.m. FS. For only the second time I wore my old boots with my brand-new Comet Test patch blades.... Eeeep!

For my 15 min warmup I mostly worked on getting more familiar with the boots & blades, doing swizzles and brief 1-foot glides against the boards. When our lesson started we briefly discussed my test on Sunday, then worked on pushing off correctly and some brief edges. Then we spent the remainder of the lesson working 3-turns against the boards.

I can see that this is going to be really good for me in the long term, as I can't get away with bad habits in these blades. For example, trying to push off using any toe at all results in what can only be described as a farting noise :-) as your non-existent toepick skids. Assuming you don't fall, that is! Similarly I can see how 3-turns in these blades will have to be GOOD ones or they won't happen at all. For today, I was happy just to not fall!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home