Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 21, 2008

BXOs & 3s


Today's lesson was at 7 a.m. (on the ice at 6:30), and we continued our campaign to work the weak spots.

Today's lesson:
  • BXOs -- we mostly worked the weak side (CCW). We worked them a lot on the circle and then also against the wall. Sonya suggested I work them on the wall a lot (like, 25+ times) and then take them out on the ice. While they are better than they used to be they are still pretty scratchy.
  • FO3s & 3-turn pattern -- next we worked on FO3s in isolation and then in the 3-turn pattern, starting with the RFO3. Some improvement, mostly on holding the edge longer and getting a better kneebend. The weirdest thing happened though -- while we were working the 3-turn pattern (this would be the L side) I kept doing a cross-behind instead of a proper BXO on the back lobe. I don't know what was going on in my brain but I got my feet all confused. Bleah. After that we moved on and did LFO3 and the R side of the pattern.
One lesson with Kelli on Wed. a.m. and a final runthrough with Sonya on Friday morning and then that's it, the test is Sunday. I'm feeling happy, but mostly because one way or another I'm getting a month-long break from Moves after this week. Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home