Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Perseverance


I skated for 1.5 hours at Shiny Rink+ today, trying to be sure that I'm comfortable with the ice there. It was not very crowded and the ice was pretty good. There was a Z-break at 2:40 which was welcome.

I had a pretty good skate, worked a lot on FXOs and 3-turn pattern. FXOs are getting more confident and sure, but still need more flow and power. 3-turn pattern is getting better too but it was hard to practice even in an uncrowded public :-(. Also spent some time on BXOs; I think I'm getting a better feel on the bad side even. It's hard to explain but it's like trying to let the trailing leg extend fully and then it kind of 'snaps' to angle in to cross.

I am soooo tired of working on moves! After this test I don't want to touch them for at least a month (even if I don't pass!).

I bumped into Molly and Kelsey while I was there -- Molly is teaching there (birthday parties and group lessons). Molly said she is taking her Novice moves test again the same day I'm testing. I'm sure she will pass this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home