Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BXOs & 3s


Today's lesson was on the 6 p.m. FS:
  • BXOs -- I was the beneficiary of Sonya's time spent on airplanes this weekend, as she had time to think about how to break down BXOs differently for me. So, we started with doing a cross & hold (backward, of course) along the barrier. Then we went away from the barrier and she held my trailing hand and had me do a full cross and hold. Wow! What a difference this made! The observation for me was that I was thinking too much about my inside foot and not enough about my outside foot; also I need to feel like I'm putting my outside foot where the inside one was. We did a few with her holding my hand and then I tried some on my own -- not entirely successful but a lot better. We worked 'em on both sides and spent about half the lesson on them.
  • 3-turn pattern -- just a little time on these; I told Sonya I had been considering some different ways to get into the pattern and so we worked through a couple. I'm not sure what I want to do with this and we didn't come to a firm resolution.
  • FO3s -- after looking at these in the 3-turn pattern a little Sonya really wanted to work on them with me, and I did too. We worked on getting a better check (especially on the LFO3) and getting a better twist into the turn. Some progress.
I was really pleased with our progress on the BXOs; it gave me hope :-). I can't wait to get a chance to work on them some more and see if I can get that same feeling back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home