Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

3-Turn Pattern & BXOs


Today's lesson with Sonya was a "bonus" lesson since we didn't get a full lesson last week. It was on the 8:15 FS right after my lesson with Kelli. Today's lesson:
  • 3-turn pattern -- We spent 20 or more minutes on this. Ironically enough the FI3s are not really the problem here. The main issues seem to be the step forward after the FI3 and then the 3 turn. As I told Sonya, this pattern exposes my 3 biggest weaknesses right now -- 1) step forward, 2) BXOs and 3) FO3. So there's plenty to work on with this pattern. We worked on holding the exit edge of the FI3 longer and trying not to flail so much on the FO3. We didn't work on the back lobe so much this time (for once!). I've also noticed that on my bad side I tend to hold my hands and arms too high and also I'm helicoptering my arms instead of rotating skinny. All in all we made some good progress and I'm feeling much better about it. A lot of work still to be done, of course.
  • BXOs -- more work on these, but not much work. I think next week we'll go back to having Sonya hold my hand since at least that helped me get the right feeling for it. We also worked them against the wall some more.
I told Sonya that I'd give her the application for the July 27th test date next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home