Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Progress!


I skated the Sunday afternoon public session. Since it's Memorial Day weekend it wasn't too crowded, although there were several 6 year olds with an amazing ability to teleport themselves into my way from (seemingly) across the rink. Grr.

I had a great skate! We actually had TWO ice cuts for the 3 hour session (I missed the first 45 minutes). Nice ice. I worked on waltz-8s quite a bit and managed to get my 3s moved out about 3 or 4 feet so they are almost in the right place! Then, I made some great progress on my underpush on the bad side FXOs. I got into some kind of groove on it so I just practiced and practiced them to build that muscle memory. Yea! Finally, I did some spins and had a couple that were substantially better than before, so I was pretty happy about that. I'm still having trouble holding my position and I'm tending to slip off the sweet spot, but it's getting better. All in all I was really pleased with my skate. Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home