Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday Zoo


Amy called me at 1 p.m. to say the session was really quiet and I should get my butt down there... I was already getting ready to leave. It *was* quiet, and although there was no ice cut it was only bad for the last half hour or so.

Amy had brought her scribe and laid out some circles in center ice so I took advantage and used 'em for FI8, FO8 and waltz-8. Bleah! I worked on waltz-8 quite a bit. I also worked just on my pushoff, working on getting from blue line to blue line (50 ft) in one push. Couldn't quite make it on my right foot, left I barely made it.

I also spent some time working my LFI3s... trying to hold my arms down going into the turn, it seems to help me remember to bend my knee. Also worked on FXOs and BXOs. I did take time for a spin and a waltz jump to finish up. Skated for 1 hr 45 minutes, the longest I've skated in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home