Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

FO8 & Waltz-8


Today's figures lesson on the 8:15 as usual. As usual, nice ice and only 4 skaters on the ice.
  • FO8 -- this is slowly getting better. I still need to get a better push. Kelli says that I need to work harder at keeping the free hip up so that I stay on the edge and don't get on a flat. Besides being poor form, it also slows you down. She also taught me how to do the little toe-push to get back to the line if you didn't push hard enough. Of course doing that is probably a fail on the test, but it is helpful for practice anyway.
  • Waltz-8 -- wow, this is continuing to stink. Kelli made me move over from the circles we'd been using so I wouldn't have that as a crutch to know where I am going. To be honest I usually have a pretty good feel for it anyway. Turns continue to be placed too early and BO edge a bit up on the toes, especially on the L side.
After my lesson I worked pretty extensively on the waltz-8 some more, also BXOs, FXOs and back stroking (all my weak points) plus some single lobes of LFI3-RFO3. Bleah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home