Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 28, 2008

XOs


Today's lesson was on the 7 a.m. FS as usual.

  • FXOs -- CCW FXOs are looking almost passable, although Sonya pointed out that I tend to shortchange the extension on the very last XO of the circle (consistently). So that should be easy to fix. CW FXOs...still getting some toepushing and lacking a good underpush, although they have improved. We spent a fair amount of time on these.
  • BXOs -- a lot of time on these. I need to sit back a lot more on these, and the back foot needs to push to the side, not back. I think my fear of the Click of Death is really holding me back on fixing these.
  • 3-turn pattern -- just about 3 minutes on these. Sonya continues to be more worried about the bad BXO in the back lobe. She reminded me that I need to take my time on these. I tend to get rushed on them and there's no reason for it.
We talked about my concerns about the ice at Valley and decided we'd be better off pushing to the Mt. View date 7/27 -- actually this will work a lot better for me since the 6/15 date is 5 days before I leave on my Europe trip. We're going to try to get a critique/evaluation with a judge the first week of June.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home