Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 14, 2008

BI Edges & Toe Loop


Today's lesson was on the 7 a.m. FS as usual. Only 4 skaters on this session, at least when I bothered to count. Good ice. In my warmup I managed to improve my push so I was able to do each side of the circle-8 on one push (not consecutively, unfortunately). It's coming along.

Today's lesson:
  • BI edges -- I was working on these when the lesson started so we spent some time on them. Still trying to get that first lobe to go "out" more, and get a better push. I have a hard time pigeon-toeing enough to actually start on the BI edge; more often I'm on a BO edge and flip to BI. Grr.
  • Toe loop -- the majority of the lesson. We spent some time working on it against the boards and then doing walkthroughs out on the ice. This is coming slowly (very slowly, sigh).
I'm a little frustrated with my progress right now, but I think I have not been getting enough ice time in and really doing the work to make progress. That's starting to change so hopefully in a few weeks I will see some results. I hope so.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home