Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Spin Progress


I escaped to skate for an hour at coffee club today. I'm really pleased that I'm getting more ice time in lately. It's just what I need.

I worked on my back Russian stroking, and it's getting better. I more-or-less fixed my L side of these, so they are a lot better in that respect. They are still a little sloppy, I suspect, and I need to be both more relaxed and consistent on them -- especially the timing of shift arms THEN BXO. And of course the BXO is still scrapey and stinky.

I spent some time trying to get my BXOs less scrapey but not any real progress. The excitement for the day, though, was that I did not one but TWO really, really nice spins. BEST SPINS so far. About 1.5 revs, from the BXO windup. The best part was that they really felt like real spins to me, and the first rev was really nice and tight and it opened up from there (like a nautilus shell). I'm really psyched about it. I think I'm still not bring my R side in though. They are nice and centered at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home