Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slow Week/PCAS Video


This week has been really crazy, extra choir rehearsals (it's Holy Week). Extra meetings for work, a work trip and lots of extra stuff. So... haven't skated since Monday and probably won't until Saturday.

One of my fellow Sherwood skaters and competitors, Allison (she's another of Sonya's skaters) posted a video of our event here. I'm the third skater.

Watching that video... it's hard. I'm so slow. It's discouraging. I asked someone who's known me a long time and she agrees that I used to skate faster than I am now. So I really need to work on getting that back. It ties in with something I've been feeling for a long time, that I'm a lot more tense and nervous about my skating than I was a couple of years ago. I really need to find a way to relax and to get into the ice more. Suggestions are welcome -- all I can think of right now is what Sonya and I have discussed: skate more, skate faster, bend the knees more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home