Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Regrouping


Today's lesson on the 7 a.m. FS started with a (rather long, as it turned out) talk about what I learned from the competition and what I need/want to do now. So, I communicated to her many of my reflections that I wrote here last week as well as some additional ones. We are going to spend some time working on rebuilding/reworking my basics to get me skating faster and more confidently, with more power. We're still going to aim for testing APB Moves in June at Valley.

After all that talking we only had a bit of time left so we spent it working on stroking. Emphasis on proper weight placement, head up and pushing more quickly. Worked this into end crossovers (which were pretty stinky) and emphasis on getting turned into the crossover correctly.

In a lot of ways it feels almost like starting over! There's a lot to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home