Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Last? Practice


I hit the 8:15 FS this morning for what is probably my last practice before the competition. I'm really tempted to get some ice tomorrow sometime, but judging by the crowd of out-of-towners at the rink this morning, tomorrow will be a zoo. Plus I'm mindful of what my coach said about getting some rest before the competition -- so I'll probably just go from where I am. I have practice ice Sunday at 7 a.m. and that should suffice.

Practice this morning -- probably only 7 or 8 of us on the ice, all adults except Lauren (and hey, she's 17!). One dance team, the rest FS. I got to run my program twice. The first time went pretty darn well, the second less so. Both times, though, I was behind on the second half and had to cut the 2nd waltz jump to finish on time. I actually finished perfectly the first time, 2nd time I was a little late. So I probably will drop the 2nd waltz jump. I know it's that I'm losing time on the footwork before. Dang it.

Anyway, it is what it is. If my skate on Sunday is like my first runthrough today I'll be pretty happy actually. My event is noon on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home