Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Perseverance & Prep


I managed to get to the pro shop yesterday evening and got my skates sharpened. Today at lunchtime I ran downtown to buy my vest for my costume, so I'm pretty much set.

I skated the 6 p.m. FS as usual. It was pretty crowded at first but cleared out quite a bit around 6:15, from 14+ skaters to more like 8, and 6 coaches to 4 or so. Worked on my problem elements with maybe some success. Didn't work on the 1-ft spin, I've seen too many nasty falls when people try those on freshly sharpened blades. Going to try some in the morning though.

I'm scared I'm coming down with something, though. I felt fine earlier but now I have a sore throat. Eeep! Bad timing.

I talked with Sonya and we are going to do a "competition simulation" so to speak Thursday morning -- i.e. 5 minute warmup then skate. Hopefully that will help stress-proof things a little. I sure hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home