Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Zoo


I skated the last hour (well, it turned out the last 45 minutes due to the Z-break) of the Sunday public. Just enough time to warm up and do some elements that are giving me problems.

Ran into a skater (Jo) who was just getting back on the ice after 5 years away (she's 22). She was complaining how rusty she was. Of course she's better rusty than I am after 5 years, but I didn't tell her that. She did teach me how to do the paired waltz jump thing -- that is where you hold hands and one of you does a waltz jump, then the other, etc. We did about three and got going freakishly fast, so I bailed. Still, it was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home