Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Program Practice



I had the opportunity to skate at coffee club for an hour, and had a very productive skate. I ran through my program (what I have of it) several times without music, then worked on individual chunks with which I'm having problems. I worked on the initial push off and LF glide since I was having problems having good extension, and got some good improvement on that. I worked a fair amount on the FO3 - back 2 foot turn move without much improvement. I think I just need to bend my knees a lot more and get a better feel for it. Also worked on the push back - BXO - cross front thing with some good improvement, and on the toe-pick lean thing (don't know how to describe it) with not much improvement. Finally, I worked on the LFO glide in '4' position with toepick drag and I was actually able to do it! Which made me very happy. On the other hand if I drag my pick very much at all I slow down too much and I don't know that I'll make it to where I need to go... I guess I'll need a really good push into that.

All in all I was pleased with my progress but I have a lot of work to do. I was pleased that I pretty much remember the whole thing without problems. On the other hand, I don't recall being given anything much to do with my arms after the first 3 elements so either I've forgotten or Sonya was easing me into this. I hope it's the latter as I'd hate to think I'd forgotten already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home