Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Perseverance


I skated the 6 p.m. FS as usual... fairly crowded, probably 15 people and 4 or 5 coaches. I didn't try a program runthrough, but worked extensively on various chunks of my program at least a couple times each. Did the waltz jump -- waltz jump combo, it's not scary but a bit uncontrolled. Putting the side toe hop in there might slow me down enough to make it better, perhaps.

I worked a lot on the 3-turn -- back 2-foot turn sequence. My CCW back 2-foot turn really stinks, I'm doing this weird thing where I'm sort of pushing with my right foot. Grrr.

All in all it's coming along well, but I'm dreadfully slow. Alas. I used to tell my coach Anna to shoot me if I skated slow, but she's not here. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home