Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 04, 2008

More Program Work


Today's lesson was on the 7 a.m. FS. It was really deserted, just me and Emmy (and later on, Aaron and Carol toward the very end). Not sure why that is.

We spent most of our time going over the part of the program I've already learned, fixing some issues, in particular:
  • I tend to put extra steps in! Sonya corrected most of these and I was able to remove them most of the time, but it's something I need to watch.
  • I tend to get a little ahead in the first part (it's slow), then get behind in the 3-turn section. Grr.
  • The LFO glide in '4' position, Sonya wants my hands at my waist, and I need to bend my knee more and make it a smaller lobe to get to where I need to be on time.
  • The push back BXO wasn't really a BXO, and it needs to be.
  • We worked on the up-on-the-toepicks thing and I can more or less do it now.
With all this work we only had a few minutes for the next part of the program, and I only got to go through it once. It's something like:
  • After the half flip, do a lunge - 3turn - back lunge (YES! the "Gordon" is in my program! :-))
  • Brush back
  • Step forward
  • FXO to the left
  • LFI swingroll with nice pointed foot
  • FXO
  • RFI swingroll with nice pointed foot
  • Stroke left
  • RFI Mohawk
  • brush back
  • waltz jump
  • waltz jump
We may put a side toe hop inbetween the waltz jumps. That's most of the program. About all that's left is a little more stroking, maybe an RFI3 and probably my sucky 1-foot spin. Gotta work on that.

In the middle of all that Sonya showed me an inside spread eagle also. I think she'd like to put one in there some where, so I guess I will work on it more.

All in all a very good lesson and lots accomplished, but lots more to do. We agreed to throw in an extra lesson next week (Valentine's Day, actually) as we need more time and it's better to do it now than later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home