Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Program Choreo Wrapup



I had an additional lesson this week so we could finish up the choreography for the program. It was on the 8:15 FS and it was very nice, just myself and Aaron and Pam. Here's the last part, after the waltz jump -- waltz jump:
  • Step forward
  • FXO
  • Stroke into LF spiral
  • RFI3, hold the free leg behind after the turn
  • Windup into 1-foot spin, and...
  • End pose
We did not actually practice the 1-foot spin or the end pose. Sonya originally wanted to do an inside spread eagle and some BXOs, but my inside spread eagle is not likely to be doable before the competition since I can't really do it yet. She asked how I felt about a spiral and I said it was fine with me, if it didn't look too stinky. She seems happy with it.

After finishing up, we practiced just the last half of the program and then the entire program. On the last run through I fell on the lunge (how stupid is that! Grr!) and was a bit slow getting up so all I had time to do was a waltz jump and spiral.

I learned a lot today. I'm tending to fall behind in this program, which is distressing, but pretty typical for this point I would tend to think. It's probably good that I fell so I could get used to the idea that I have to get up quickly and move on -- Sonya informed me it's not acceptable to lie on the ice and bawl or have a nervous breakdown :-).

So... lots to work on. Sonya reminded me that while I do need to work on my problem elements (right now the one that's still bugging me most is that darn CCW back 2-foot turn!), I have to be sure to spend lots of time running the program with the music. Otherwise I'll probably have problems getting used to the timing and tempo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home