Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Public & Fame


Sonya called last night to cancel my lesson, she's been sick all weekend. Since I was off today for the holiday, and the rink scheduled a Monday a.m. public, I decided to get some sleep and then skate that.

I had a pretty good skate! It didn't get over more that 12 - 15 rugrats, and they mostly stayed out of my way. I didn't do any runthroughs with music but I worked pretty extensively on all my problem areas. Waltz-waltz is okay, but sticking the side toe hop in between really throws me off. My half flips were wimpy today. I did do one nice 1-rev spin with a very small (like, 8 inch diameter) tracing, so I was happy.

I skated a full two hours, the longest I've skated in a while, and I was thoroughly whupped at the end. Eeep!

At 2 p.m. I met with a reporter from the Oregonian newspaper, she interviewed me for a story they are doing about PCAS and adult skating. It was fun to talk about skating -- the reporter had skated herself when she was in high school... I told her she should get back into it :-). She is going to come to my lesson Thursday and take some pictures for the story. Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home