Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Waltz-8/3-Turns


Figures lesson today with Kelli on the 8:15 FS. It was deserted, just myself and Allison and Kelli and Sonya. Nice ice! I'm almost reluctant to say so since it will probably get more crowded...

For today's lesson, Kelli had me show her my waltz-8. As I expected, the first order of business was fixing my 3-turns. I really don't know what's happened to these since I know they used to be better, but anyway... worked on skating for a while and really holding the position, then rotate the arms (skinny, of course), then turn-n-check. I'm having a lot of problems with the down-up-down on this. Kelli also pointed out that part of my issue is that my free leg is creeping forward on me and gets in the way of me turning. I think I've known that before but forgot.

Kelli also wants me to keep my hands a lot lower than I'm used to. It's probably a good idea since for one thing it might help me un-hunch my shoulders :-). It's a hard change to make though.

After the lesson I had really nice ice and lots of room, so I worked on FXOs and the back Russian stroking. Of course I also spent more time on 3s, and did a couple of spins as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home