Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Spins & More


Today's lesson on the 7 a.m. FS:
  • Spins -- I did a couple of fairly nice 1-rev spins in my warmup, and I showed the trace to Sonya. So we did a number of these. Sonya worked with me on getting the R arm around, and I was able to do this but of course that threw me off a bit. Biggest problem with these now is mostly to keep the free leg in and not bail out. More practice required!
  • RFI3 to landing position -- Sonya wanted to work on my landing position and what better way than doing an RFI3? :-) We worked on having my weight firmly over the R side and keeping a good check. The biggest single improvement is to keep a good head-up, back straight position -- that seemed to help a lot with everything. We did a couple waltz jumps too to look at the landing position, and then we worked on the LFI3 briefly to fix the same issues (lots more work needed on these).
  • BXOs -- to finish, I asked if we could look at my BXOs to work on de-scraping them. Sonya had me work to pause briefly with the front foot in line with the back. Eeep! This is hard, but it does force me to distribute my weight correctly. Lots more work needed on this.
All in all a great lesson and some good progress, but lots of work to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home