Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday (FS) Zoo


I actually woke up at 9 today feeling well-rested and refreshed! This doesn't happen on Saturdays very often :-). So I jumped out of bed, threw clothes on and dashed to the rink for the 9:50 FS session. It was a zoo! Like Tuesdays only maybe a little worse even -- at least it's an hour session. It might be because there's an ISI competition at the rink next week. There were like 16 skaters and 4 coaches on the ice.

Despite that I had a pretty good skate. Worked on smaller stuff since it was crowded -- LFI3 and the 3-turn pattern, FXOs, and 3s in general, also BI and BO edges (especially the pushoff). Also so worked that toe-loop practice on the boards, a spin and a half-flip.

After the session Shannon asked me if I could volunteer to help at the competition next week. I told her I thought I was free Sat. afternoon but I'll double check. I do think it's important to help out when you can -- skating is very much a volunteer sport, especially at the local level. Besides, Shannon asked very nicely :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home