Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Field Trip


Since there's an ISI competition at Shiny Rink today I went to Valley (a.k.a. "not-so-shiny rink") to skate. I skated for an hour at the public session. It was really not very crowded at all, and the ice was not too bad.

I was feeling very lackluster and unenergetic. I don't know if it's me in general or something about that building, but it seems like it sucks the life out of me. I did do some good work on my FXOs (bad side is really improving, finally), some waltz-8 and back edges and miscellaneous turns etc.

I was planning on testing at this rink in 6 weeks but now I'm not so sure. The ice is SO thick you can't see most of the markings at all! Seriously. I could more-or-less make out the red and blue hockey lines if I was close to them, and one of the hockey circles at the east end and the creases. But that was it. I'm not sure I want to test moves in that environment. On the other hand the judges won't have any reference points either... will have to talk to Sonya about it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home