Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Waltz-8

Before I got on the ice today, Sonya took a few minutes to show me the Salchow off-ice prep since we forgot to do it Monday. It's 3-turn on the floor, then 3 hops around the circle to get some rotation, pull in and jump. I'm still tending to bend the free leg and not bringing it through (knee up) well, but I can work on it.

Today's figures lesson on the 8:15 FS as usual. I had a longer warmup than usual since Kelli had another lesson before me, so I worked on my bad side FXOs a bit more. I really need to hit these every single time I skate so they become less scary to do properly.

Today's lesson was just on the waltz-8. Kelli is relatively happy with the 3-turn placement on the R side (L side, not so much). We worked a lot on body position, holding a good check out of the turn and pushing out for the step to the BO to make a better circle; then really pulling the shoulder back before the step forward. I did a really nice one on the R side. The L side needs a lot of work though! Kelli was very generous with her time and gave me several extra minutes.

After my lesson I asked her about figure (patch) blades and she said the Silver Test should be fine for me if I can find 'em. I'm working on it. I found some on eBay that were more-or-less the right size but they wanted too much for 'em so I let 'em go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home