Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Push-off & 3s


Today's figures lesson was on the 8:15 FS as usual. I had the ice to myself! Yea!

We spent the first few minutes talking about the push-off and how to get better power (I was playing around with this on Sunday). I made some slight improvements.

The bulk of our lesson, as I asked, was on 3-turns. We worked on doing 2-foot turns on the middle circle, then moved to the boards to work on getting a better roll up to the toe (onto the rocker is maybe a better way to describe) and down again. I'm really tending to use my hip to force the turn waaaay too much.

After the lesson I spent a lot more time on 3s and also worked a bit on bad side FXOs and also back Russian stroking and the 3-turn pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home