Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, May 12, 2008

BXOs & Waltz-8


Today's lesson was on the 7 a.m. FS as usual. Sonya asked me if I wanted to do a Moves runthrough and I said No! So we did the last half. As it turned out we didn't make it all the way through, though.

Today's lesson:
  • BXOs -- these are slowly getting better. Still need to work on not rushing the tempo. We talked about "sitting down" from the hips, with a straight back. Still have a long way to go though, and I really need to work these more.
  • Waltz-8 -- almost 2/3 of our lesson! My turns are really bad right now and we spent some time on them. I'm forcing them, rushing them and I don't let myself get set up before trying to do the turn. It's very frustrating. We took it back to working on two-foot turns, trying to get the down-up-down correctly and actually get turned into the circle. Arrgh. On the positive side I'm getting the push onto the BO edge to go "out" more, so that's good. The step forward is still a bit wonky.
I'm very frustrated with my turns right now. I really don't know how they got into this state and I'm just weirded out about them (that's most of the problem, really). I'll have to see if I can work on them with Kelli on Thursday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home